Honor, the online smartphone brand for digital natives, today released its brand-new flagship smartphone, the Honor 9. Aimed at those who value excellent quality, an outstanding user experience and incredible price-performance ratio, this new Honor flagship offers a multiplex of features. The Honor 9 comes with a 3D curved glass back, an upgraded dual-lens camera and even more power with the Kirin 960 processor. The smartphone will be available with 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM and features Android 7.0, allowing applications or games to run with ease. The Honor is available for pre-order as of today in “Sapphire Blue” for £379.99 on vMall and Amazon. Or on contract with 3 in early July.
“With the new Honor 9, we take manufacturing excellence to the next level”, said Eva Wimmers, President of Honor Western Europe. “Our world today is filled with pictures and moments we want to capture – Honor 9 does not only stand out through its elegant 3D curved glass back design, it also incorporates the newest camera features, easy to use for any proficiency level, and market-leading smartphone technologies – we build technology for people.”
New design, new colours
The ultra-thin (7.45 mm) Honor 9 has an exceptional and unique design: 15 impeccably crafted bending layers create a 3D curved glass design on the back of the device which reflects natural light to create a stunning aurora. With 2.5D curved glass on the front, a sandblasted metal bezel and a ceramic fingerprint sensor on the bottom, the 5.15-inch Honor 9 is visually beautiful.
Upgraded dual-lens camera
With the latest dual-lens camera technology, the Honor 9 brings smartphone photography to a new level providing a 20 MP monochrome lens and a 12 MP RGB lens with two times hybrid zoom for incredible clarity. Using sophisticated software the two lenses work in unison to deliver the perfect shot
What can we expect from the upgraded dual-lens camera?
- Low-light photography: Thanks to a special pixel-binning algorithm, the Honor 9 offers low-light shooting capabilities of up to 200% brighter than previous generation cameras. This technology kicks in automatically when the lenses identify low-light situations.
- Expressive portraits can be captured with the main and front camera – with or without bokeh effect.
- The Moving Pictures mode captures immersive moments, giving a glimpse of what happened 1 second before and 1 second after the picture was taken (with audio).
- The dual-camera provides hybrid zooming up to
2x whilst achieving superior image quality.
- Panorama photos are even more impressive through the Honor 9 3D panorama function powered by FYUSE, capturing objects, selfies and scenery in 3D panorama.
Entertainment on the go
Honor designed the Honor 9 with go-getters in mind. For everybody who is into entertainment on the go – be it videos or music, the device features various common audio formats and HUAWEI listen. The ultra-wide 3D sound technology has been fine-tuned by Grammy Award winner Rainer Maillard and has been engineered with custom playback styles for all music genres so listeners can get lost in their music. What’s more, to extend the audio pleasure, Honor teamed up with earphone pioneer Monster and developed the Honor Purity equaliser – a true must-have for music lovers and sound fans. Not only that, but Honor has also partnered with music streaming app MTV Trax to get the hottest music delivered any day, anywhere, in the highest quality.
Design and camera aside, the Honor 9, using Android 7.0, offers a supreme package and takes smartphone efficiency and usability to the next level: A powerful Kirin 960 octa-core (4 x 2.4 GHz / 4 x 1.8 GHz) SoC chipset supports the user in every possible task and is supported by the revolutionary user interface EMUI 5.1. The dual-SIM flagship comes with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB ROM and can be expanded up to 256 GB with a microSD card. Thanks to the power-efficient chipset design and a huge 3,200mAh battery, run-time can stretch to 2.5 days without recharging or up to 78 hours of offline music listening. The Honor 9 also supports 9V2A fast charging technology, which allows consumers to charge from 0% up to 40% within just 30 minutes.
Honor 9 – key technical data:
- 15 inch, 1.920×1.080 FHD display, 428 ppi, 2.5D glass front
- Kirin 960 octa-core (4x 2.4 GHz + 4x 1.8 GHz)
- 4 GB RAM, 64 GB ROM + microSD card up to 256 GB
- Android 7 (Nougat)
- EMUI 5.1
- 12 MP RGB + 20 MP monochrome dual-lens camera
- 3,200 mAh battery with Fast Charging Technology
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB Type-C supporting USB OTG
- Dual Nano SIM or Nano SIM + microSD
- 155 grams