Mio, leading provider of vehicle dash cams and navigation systems in Europe and Asia Pacific, is extending its stellar 7 Series range with the new MiVue 798. For the ultimate surveillance package, drivers can upgrade to the MiVue 798 Dual which offers the additional feature of the MiVue A30 rear camera for complete peace of mind.
An upgrade on the existing 7 Series dash cams, the MiVue 798 and the Dual version offer sharper, high resolution footage if the worst was to happen and indisputable proof was required. Created to capture every detail, the camera provides 2.5K QHD 1600p footage with 150° wide angle viewing and F1.8 aperture; meaning that details like registration plates and tail lights can be captured regardless of whether it’s day or night. Designed including Sony’s high quality STARVIS CMOS, the dash cam produces quality footage with clear, rich colours and superb contrast.
The inbuilt Wi-Fi feature means that users can easily upload or share this quality footage and with the GPS housed inside the dash cam, drivers have information such as location and speed automatically logged and to hand if ever required.
The MiVue 798 is packed with numerous features to ensure drivers can travel with complete confidence. With general fixed-distance warning and the exclusively patented dynamic warning reminder technology, the Smart Alert function will warn the driver according to the driving speed and distance they are from the camera. Free safety camera data updates for the lifetime of the device which can be updated over the air (Wi-Fi OTA) via the MiVue Pro app. To protect the driver and their passengers, the dash cam also offers the following Advanced Driver Assistance Systems:
- Lane departure warning system (LDWS): monitors the drivers positioning on the road and notifies if they begin to waver
- Fatigue alert (FA): when activated, the driver can be alerted every two, three or four hours of the journey
- Forward collision warning system: detects the vehicle ahead and issues early warnings to alert drivers to dodge or make a braking manoeuvre to avoid a collision. It also advises drivers to keep an appropriate distance from the car in front
- Eco Drive Indicator: with the device’s built-in ECO Drive feature, driver behaviour is analysed and alerts whether the driving style is economical
- 3-axis G-sensor: detecting sudden changes in motion, the camera will instantly save a protected file that can’t be overwritten
The MiVue 798 also protects the car when its stationary thanks to its motion detection sensor which means the camera automatically activates if movement is picked up at the front of the car and records when paired with the MiVue smart box required. This footage could be vital if any harm comes to the car when it’s parked.
The MiVue A30 rear camera captures details behind the vehicle and ensures there’s no such things as a blind spot as it records the areas around the car the driver can’t see. The MiVue A30 uses a Sony optic sensor and 140° wide-angle lens to record footage in crystal clear 1080p full HD at 30fps.
Specification of the MiVue A30 rear camera is as follows:
- 1080p Full HD recording at 30 fps: with the latest H.264 technology for high quality videos at a smaller file size
- Sony’s high quality optic sensor: for optimal view and superior recording, especially in low-light conditions
- 140° wide angle view: to capture every detail at critical moments
- F1.8 aperture lens: brighter and clearer videos, even in low-light conditions
- Quality large sensor: 1/2.9 inch sensor for increased imaging area and clear image recording
- 7 stage adjustable EV value: adjustable, independently allowing brightness level to be manually adjusted
- Metal body: sturdy, compact and lightweight metal casing
- Adhesive mount: easily applied
MiVue 798 – £189.99
MiVue 798 Dual – £249.99
Mio is a subsidiary of MiTAC Digital Technology Corporation and is a leading provider of in-car dash cam and cycling navigation systems. Centred on creating experiences that are “All About You,” it creates solutions for people, whether at home or work. Through the combination of thoughtful product designs, and innovations in hardware and software, Mio aims to be a household name in safety and wellness and enhance people’s lives with meaningful products.
Find out more about Mio by visiting the website: www.mio.com