GoPro, Inc. today unveiled new products and services that dramatically simplify the process of capturing, editing and sharing engaging content, establishing GoPro as an end-to-end storytelling solution. GoPro’s founder and CEO, Nicholas Woodman, introduced a new line of HERO5 cameras, cloud- based software, and drone, Karma, to international press at the base of Squaw Valley, CA, near Lake Tahoe. Here is the event as it was broadcast live:
With these new products, were delivering on our promise to make it easy to capture and share engaging stories, said Woodman. HERO5’s ability to auto-upload photos and videos to a GoPro Plus account dramatically simplifies mobile, on-the- go editing, sharing and enjoyment.
This is a game-changing experience that we will continue to build upon. Woodman adds, We’re stoked to launch Karma and show how much more it is than a drone. Karma packs Hollywood-caliber aerial, handheld and gear-mounted image stabilization into a backpack for $799. It’s so easy to use, a beginner can have fun straight away.
In addition to significant gains in performance and convenience, GoPro’s all-new HERO5 line of cameras can auto-upload photos and videos to GoPro Plus, a cloud-based subscription service that makes it easy to access, edit and share GoPro content anytime, anywhere using a phone or computer.Exciting features include:
- 2-inch Touch Display + Simplified Controls
- Video Resolutions up to 4K at 30 Frames per Second
- Professional Quality 12MP Photos
- Auto-Upload of Photos and Video to Cloud when Camera is Charging*
- Voice Control with Support for 7 Languages (additional languages coming)
- Simple 1-Button Control
- Waterproof Without a Housing to 33 Feet (10m)
- Compatible with Existing GoPro Mounts, Including Karma
- Stereo Audio Recording and Advanced Wind Noise Reduction
- Professional-Grade Electronic Video Stabilization
- Distortion-Free Wide Angle Video and Photos with New Linear-View Setting
- RAW and WDR Photo Modes
- GPSHERO5 Black will be available October 2nd for an MSRP of $399.99. Learn more HERE.